What is NEET How to prepare for this exam
Many Students Confuse how to prepare neet exam
● To be a premier, specialist, autonomous and self-sustained National Testing Agency that will
help India leverage her demographic dividend by helping her institutions of higher education
and research in selecting the most competent applicants.
To improve equity and quality in higher education and research in India by assessing the
competence of candidates for admissions and recruitment using assessment tools meeting
international standards of efficiency, transparency and error free delivery.
To use the services of the best subject matter experts, psychometricians and IT delivery and
security professionals to ensure that the gaps in the existing assessment systems are properly
identified and bridged.
To produce and disseminate information and research on education and professional
In carrying out its mission NTA will be guided by these core values:
Quality, efficiency, effectiveness, equity and security are central to its assessments.
Engagement with stakeholders, viz. students, parents, teachers, experts and partner
institutions preserves their trust in the system.
Undertaking research in evaluation and updating its practices by constant innovation in
assessment are key to fulfilling its mission.
Scientifically designed and properly delivered assessments can improve teaching learning
processes in class rooms.
Step-1: Apply for Online Registration using your or parents unique Email Id and Mobile No.
Step-2: Fill in the Online Application Form and note down the system generated
Step-3: Upload scanned images of Candidate’s latest Passport size Photograph (size: 10 kb to
200 kb), Post Card size photograph (4”X6”) (Size: 50 kb – 300 kb) and Candidate’s Signature
(file size: 4kb – 30kb), Left hand thumb impression (file size: 10 kb-50 kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
(In case of any eventuality of left thumb being unavailable, right hand thumb impression
may be used.), Class X Passing Certificate (file size: 100 kb to 400 kb) in JPG/JPEG format.
For photography, the focus needs to be on face (80% face coverage, ears clearly visible, on
Step-4: Pay fee using SBI/Syndicate/HDFC/ICICI/Paytm Payment Gateway through Debit
Card/Credit Card/Net-banking/UPI and keep proof of fee paid safely for future reference. In
case the Confirmation Page is not generated after payment of fee then the transaction is
cancelled, and amount will be refunded to the candidate’s account. However, the candidate
has to make another transaction of fee, in case the Confirmation Page is not generated.
Download, save and print copies of Confirmation Page after successful remittance of fee and
keep copies safely for future reference.
All the 4 Steps can be done together in one go or at different times.
7. Candidates are advised to regularly visit the NTA website and also check their e-mails/SMS for
8. Candidate shall appear at their own cost at the Examination Centre on Date and Timing indicated
on their Admit Card issued by the NTA.
9. Any request to change the Examination Centre, Date and Time provided on the Admit Card shall not
be considered under any circumstances.
10. Candidates are advised to take 6-8 Passport size and 4-6 Post Card size (4”X6”) colored photographs
with white background.
The photographs are to be used for uploading on Online Application Form, for examination and also
11. The NTA has sought permission to use Aadhaar Number for verification of candidate identity. The
candidates would be informed once the permission is obtained.
1. The final submission of Online Application Form will remain incomplete if step-3 and step-4 under point 6 are not
completed. Such forms will stand rejected and no correspondence on this account will be entertained.
2. No request for refund of fee once remitted by the candidate will be entertained by NTA under any circumstances.
3. The entire application process of NEET (UG)-2020 is online, including uploading of scanned images, Payment of Fees,
and Printing of Confirmation Page. Therefore, candidates are not required to send/submit any document(s) including
Confirmation Page to NTA through Post/ Fax/ by Hand/E-mail.